Author Topic: Wallace Nutting  (Read 1264 times)

parafl

• View Profile
Wallace Nutting
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:30:20 pm »
Hello -

I am brand spanking new to this site, but thinking I shall enjoy immensely!  Anyway, my Aunt just acquired 2, actually 3 Wallace Nuttings from a family homestead in Ct.  I was so surprised when she reported these finds...I certainly wouldn't recall as my generation spent most of our time in the barn and kitchen back then.  Two of these pics are titled 'Charm of the Birches', # 3188 C and 'Silent Morning', # 8061 A respectively.  Both titled on the front mat and signed 'Wallace Nutting' each photo measuring approximately 5x7, she did not forward the matted frame measurement.  She has no identifiers on the third pic as she remembers having this re framed for my grandmother some time ago, at least 50 years back.  I have not seen either pic as I am out of state and I have attempted to identify both the number and title on the net without success.   If anyone has any info predicated on the limited info I was able to forward it would be greatly appreciated.  I am so hoping at the very least I might be able to attribute these scapes to the New England area.  Any info to forward to my Aunt would make her smile.   Thank you!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Wallace Nutting
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:07:46 pm »
Charm of the birchs, could be attributed to the north east part of the country.
as far as value's. we have E-BAY too thank for lower prices. they would have sold for a round $125.00 to $ 150.00 dollars per print. now maybe $ 30.00 per print.

parafl

• View Profile
Re: Wallace Nutting
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:29:04 pm »
Thank you for your kind response.  I was informed earlier that the Silent Morning was from the N.H area.....Any information is so appreciated. Thanks again, Lynn