Author Topic: I Need help identifying some crossed arrows porcelain markings .  (Read 10340 times)

Camaroguy

• View Profile
I recently bought a tea set at a tag sale and I need help in identifying who the manufacturer is.  The tea set is made up of a tea pot, 6 tea cups and 6 saucers. Each piece of the set is covered or perhaps dipped in what looks like gold.  I spent 5 minutes shining up the tea pot with an old rag and the reflection is quite blinding.  The underside of each piece, the interior of the tea pot and the inside of the tea cups is not covered in gold but rather, white ceramic...just like your run-of-the-mill coffee mug is.  If I had to guess, I would say that this tea set was manufactured in the 1960's or so.  On the underside of each piece is a marking of the following description; in gold lettering is the word "PORCELAINE" (my French-Canadian neighbor says this is FR for porcelain), beneath that are two gold crossed arrows that from an X with the arrow heads at the bottom and 4 slashed on the opposite end of the arrow (where feathers would be on a real arrow), beneath the arrow a marking reads "11/520".  I've tried to find what these markings indicate but, I cannot.  Can anyone suggest a site that would allow me to identify when and where these items were made? Thank you.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: I Need help identifying some crossed arrows porcelain markings .
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:06:25 pm »
it is french. I can not identify the maker. ( trademark) I suspect you are right 1960's or so.

Camaroguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 05:31:26 pm »
Thanks for the information.  Do you know of any websites where I might be able to do more research on the trademark? 

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:08:02 am »
I'am not aware of any french trade mark's on the web. I suggest the library.