Author Topic: Albert Coles Saxon Stag pricing  (Read 2387 times)

lemonsawdust

• View Profile
Albert Coles Saxon Stag pricing
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:13:28 am »
Hey there! I've been looking to sell an Albert Coles Saxon Stag ladle that I came across, but I think the shop I went to is trying to short me. It's my understanding that this is a relatively uncommon piece; I thought I would turn to the true antiquarians for assistance. If any of you folks could give me even a ballpark estimate as to what a good selling price for this item would be, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

[URL=http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ladle2nn2.jpg]

lemonsawdust

• View Profile
Re: Albert Coles Saxon Stag pricing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:18:26 pm »
Update:

I have a picture of the silversmith mark on the back, too, if that helps. I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thank you!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:22:43 pm »
you will be lucky, to get a third of what it's worth from a dealer. they have over head.and the fact it's ''pricey'' may cause it to lay or ''sleep''

Then there money' is tied up. fair market value is.$ 900.00 to a 1,000.00 dollars.

lemonsawdust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:03:58 pm »
you will be lucky, to get a third of what it's worth from a dealer.

Yeah, I figured as much... I'm sure this will sound like a dumb question and all, but is there a way you would recommend to get more for it than I would from a dealer? I know there's always eBay but I couldn't find any similar pieces there, and thus have no ability to anticipate demand or lack thereof.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:21:50 pm »
Right now e-bay is the best bet to get it '' advertised'' it's considered rare.it will cost you a few dollars to put up a reserve. you might be surprised.