Author Topic: Lenox Imperial China 24 carat gold  (Read 4156 times)

Mary T.

• View Profile
Lenox Imperial China 24 carat gold
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:44:34 am »
I just purchased a service for 12 of Lenox China in the Imperial pattern which was manufactured from 1939 to 1982.
I was surprised to learn that it is decorated with 24 carat gold, if the person who is selling a veggie dish online knows what he is talking about.  Does anyone have any idea if that adds to the value of the dishes?  How much?
Everything from dinner plates to cups and saucers are lined with gold and there is a beautiful leaf scroll on each piece as well.  52 pieces total.  I do not have any idea how much gold could be on these dishes.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Lenox Imperial China 24 carat gold
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:10:37 pm »
for insurance purpose's a $1,000.00 Dollars & yes it's Real Gold.

Mary T.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »
Thank You, D & B Antiques!  You certainly made my day.  My husband and I drove to Colorado Springs from Denver on Saturday to buy these dishes.  A shelf broke in my china sending my 40 year old wedding china crashing to the floor in a heap of broken china and memories. It was too sad.  But I wanted to replace them with something nice, so I bought the Imperial Lenox advertized on craigslist. I paid $400. from an estate sale.  4 of the dinner plates have a kind of hard water looking stain on them, but everything else is very nice.  Tiny scratches from use on some dinner plates.

Thanks so much!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:13:41 am »
Mary, when decorating dinnerware ...... a wee little bit of gold ...... goes a long way.

Penny V.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 08:16:27 pm »
Thanks for this great information!  I am currently researching the Lenox China, Imperial Pattern so I can sell the 12 piece dinnerware set my son has inherited from his wife's estate.  It was originally owned by her mother, who was a congressman's wife.  I still need to get photos of the set, and get a closer look at the set to determine its condition and count the pieces.  From the views I have had, the set seems to be in very good condition, with most of the pieces still there.

Penny V.