Author Topic: solid color stain glass sheets  (Read 2044 times)

liaison

• View Profile
solid color stain glass sheets
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:44:07 am »
 have 20 sheets of stained glass that came from old church windows.  The are just solid colors, 5 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 5 yellow. They are about 12x12. Any idea what the value on these might be? They are sort of pebbled and the old led glass.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: solid color stain glass sheets
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:30 pm »
I would be asking, $50.00 Dollars for the lot & no picking. one money takes all.

liaison

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:34:51 pm »
The are in perfect condition, One square foot each, They are only worth $2.50 a piece?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:28 pm »
it's a matter of who's buying. there would have been a time craftsman would have made glass lamp shades etc out of them. now it's a matter of some body wanting them. it's not alway's what it's  worth but what I can get.

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 07:02:19 pm »
There are artists who make stain glass windows.  You might take some photos and email them to some of these guys.  I have no clue what old rippled colored glass sells for these days but you may be surprised by what they offer.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 03:35:10 am »
Right on Railman, ..... and the same goes for the old rippled window glass.

It is not the artisan that pays big, ..... it is the repairer/reconditioner/restorer that pays big.

One can not or should not use a piece of new glass to replace an old broken or missing piece of glass, be it colored or clear. Especially if one is only replacing one (1) of two or more pieces of glass because that "new piece" will stick out like a sore thumb.

I once cabbaged a couple dozen pieces of window glass from an old, old farmhouse and boy did they come in handy back when I was into restoring old furniture. The same goes for restoring a "period" house, new window glass just doesn't "get it".