Poll

Don Quixo-te statue looking for any and all info on this as well as value

email
0 (0%)
question
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Don Quixo-te art question (Pics) Help Identify Please  (Read 2746 times)

butispoo

• View Profile
Don Quixo-te art question (Pics) Help Identify Please
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:14:51 pm »
The little booklet that is with it says

(cover)
Nischli (pic of windmill) Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra  1547--1616

(1st page)
I. Roberto Nischli certify that this piece is an original hand made  No-L-356 Date Sep 86 (# and date were written in ink)
R. Nischli - 1942  then (what looks like a signature written in ink)

(2nd page)
At a Village of La Mancha,  Whose name I do not wish to remember   (then 1605 at bottom of page)

(3rd page)
To Sancho Panza  Here am I. Squire Sancho Pan-za of the Manchegan Knight Quixo-te  I took French leave and hit
the high-road,  Thinking it was to seek my for-tune Mum's the word, says Villadie-go

(4th page)
To Rozinante  I am the famous Rozinan-te, Great grandson of famed Babie-ca;  Because I was all skin and bone
They gave me to old Don Quixo-te  I raced my Quota like a slug-gard, Yet by a hoof's breadth never missed my
oats,  This trick I owe to Larasi-llo, When his blind master's wine he siole, That straw hoax I praised to the skies

(inside back cover)
Hecho En Mexico

this site wont allow me to post all the pics I have so if you would like me to email you all the pics please let me know  I believe it is made of Mexican Ivory but not sure on that.

and thank you in advance for any and all help on this item.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 03:50:58 pm by butispoo »