Author Topic: Beautiful Light Blue Glasses  (Read 1723 times)

AmyHeinritz

• View Profile
Beautiful Light Blue Glasses
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:20:38 pm »
 :D Once again I am stumped.  These are beautiful light blue glasses, pretty heavy 50 or  more years old.  Any idea what they are and what year?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful Light Blue Glasses
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:10:28 pm »
Just for grins look at the pic of the Morgantown Glass encased Blue controled Bubble Cordial Stem on this site....similar to yours.   Morgantown Glassworks became the Morgantown Glassware Guild and  in 1965 was bought out by Fostoria Glass.   

home.earthlink.net/~alittlethis/id2.html

Not saying that is what you have...but a place to start.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:59:20 pm »
What do you think Kc crystal? she could give them a solid ping with her finger nail. a nice ringing tone indicates lead content.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:47:31 pm »
I think she should....at least it will let her/us know if it is crystal or glass.  AND, there are two ways to find out.  #1 Your suggestion above, which is an excellent idea.  #2 My way..that always got me/my siblings/father and I in trouble at holidays when mom would pull out the fine crystal....and we would attempt to play tunes by simply wetting the rims of the crystal and run our fingers around it until the resonance was music to our ears.  (To this day mom still gets irritated when I let my children/guests play my crystal!)

So, for the uninformed, I take this time to pass this fun event on for you to share with your families and friends....here's a video on how to! (Ha)      science.howstuffwor ks.com/mpeg/wine.mpg
And for those that have to know why this happens, the best explanation I could find on the net is at answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/156934.html

Amy, let us know!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!