Author Topic: Mask  (Read 2246 times)

coachgary

• View Profile
    • Coach Gary's Resource Center for Personal Propert Appraisers & Antique Dealers
Mask
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:38:00 pm »
Please help me! I have no idea about this Mask.  Dates,value ect.... would be very helpful.  I have no history with it, got it today at a yard sale.

Thanks,
Gary Daw
AKA CoachGary
www.coachgary.com
Resource Center for Personal Property Appraisers & Antique Dealers

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Mask
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:01:52 pm »
Difficult to comment without the 'hands on'................I do know that masks of this sort are being brought in from places like Bali Indonesia. Do a search of those and compare.

link

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:04:01 pm »
I'm not a expert but I have a few mask and they seem to range from 20-30 to a few hundred dollars. I'm sure there may be more expensive ones. I have 3 first is a Songhai Mask. The second is kissing mask from Kenya and one from the Bahamas.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:31:47 pm »
ONe of my daughters believes that this is an African mask.  In her art classes they had to replicate masks that resembled this....with birds on the head!  So...it's a place to look! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

leonceant

• View Profile
    • Leonce Antiques and Consignment
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 01:24:54 pm »
Beautiful masks! Thanks for sharing.

AfricaCollector

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59:39 am »
it looks to me like a Masai mask from Kenya or Tanzania they were mostly used for decor in there homes. Depending on the collector the price varies from like $20-$40 dollars US money.