Author Topic: U2 Vinyls  (Read 1143 times)

irishbunny

• View Profile
U2 Vinyls
« on: January 10, 2009, 01:13:18 pm »
Hi everyone, I have a set of four U2 vinyls, it's a collectors item and bought approx. 20 years ago, there were only a certain number of them sold. I was told by someone I could be looking at up in the thousands if I sold this, I don't know where to go to find out so I thought I'd ask here. I took some pics.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: U2 Vinyls
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:59:39 pm »
Unfortunately, supply and demand dictates the value.  Determining if in fact it is a rare collectible comes first.  Value is based on the collectors and people who want them.  Finding them is the the problem most of the time.  See a great article at wikihow.com/Sell-Old-Phonograph-Records.  Have you tried a U2 fan site? U2 memorabilia site?  (They are the ones who will pay the $$ for your albums.)  In your local bookstore they have books on phonograph records and their values.  There are a few sites on the web that you can search and find as well.

To see if any have sold on EBay search the SOLD sales.  Sorry to do this here but many people aren't aware of this tool.  Go to EBay.  It will ask you your keywords and category and next to that it will say Search..and next to that in small blue type it says ADANCED SEARCH.  Just click on ADVANCED SEARCH.  Then put in your keyword/s (U2 in your case) and go down to the section "Search Including" and check the box for COMPLETED.  Then click the blue Search button. This will pull up past transactions to see if they sold and what they sold for.)

Not saying EBay is your only option, it isn't.  But sometimes it can help just knowing what people are paying for like items.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: U2 Vinyls
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »
I have too agree e-bay can not be ruled out. but it should be used as a possible option. and can be used as a source of appraisal option's.

Three auction appraisal's are commonly' used to work up a fair market value for replacement value.