Author Topic: Cincone Painting (Pics)  (Read 1732 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Cincone Painting (Pics)
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:11 am »
My mother received this Cincone oil in the early 80's by a couple that were college professors...and had received this painting.  They gave it to my mom (an admired educator that has retired 3 times already).  It was given to them by Don Wills aka Cincone.  They kept the card that was with the painting but gave a copy of it to my mom.  It says With Love to Bill and Addie from the Cincones 1974.

Any idea as to the value?  I have seen his works listed on the internet.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Cincone Painting (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:00:21 am »
This is one of his Rarer work's. I would suggest a replacement value of $ 2,500.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Cincone Painting (Pics)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 11:06:16 am »
Thanks D&b! 

Mom just gave me a page that the professors copied to her in addition to the card.  Says that Cincone got his break when Ross Hunter, a producer for Universal Studios, saw then and placed them in his movie "The Art of Love" with Dick Van Dyke/James Garner/Elk Sommer.  This resulted in world-wide exposure and in '71 he was given the silver medal awarded by the Academy of Literary Arts and Science of Rome, Italy. His paintings are in the collections of Leonard Bernstein, Rudolph Bing, Walt Disney, James Garner, Henri Mancini, Vincent Price, Ross Hunter and General L. D. Patterson -  just to name a few on the list. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!