Author Topic: Folding Tray Table made by Ferguson Bros. Hoboken New Jersey  (Read 9025 times)

kmw

• View Profile
Folding Tray Table made by Ferguson Bros. Hoboken New Jersey
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »
Does any one know what the value of this table could be or the age? It is in pretty good shape.  To me it looks like it might be from the 30's or 40's. I know it was made by Ferguson Bros Mfg. Hoboken, New Jersey but I can find very little info about them other than they built furniture from the late 1800's to 1953.  Also, I have not been able to find any piece like it for sale anywhere. It has a number on the bottom of one of the trays #3402.

KMW

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Folding Tray Table made by Ferguson Bros. Hoboken New Jersey
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:40:46 pm »
Are you the one selling it or bought it on Craig's List/Houston for $75.00?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:44:46 pm »
I am the one selling it.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 09:00:36 pm »
I think that is a fair price to ask for it...if it is truly in great shape.  I wouldn't ask for more.  I really like the piece - novel - useful and easily stored.

Ferguson Brothers produced alot of reproduction items and novelty furniture pieces (folding chairs, small tables, screens, cedar chests, folding tables).  In 1953 they were sold to Sun-Glo Industries and moved to VA.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:03:32 pm »
Thank you very much for your information.  I knew they were bought out but didn't know the name of the company.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 09:57:53 am »
If I were selling.it would be $150.00 Dollars. it's 1930's Done in a colonial revival style.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:08:58 am »
For Craig's list it is a good price when you are comparing the prices of items past and present.  Shame you can't sell it elsewhere for more...I do agree with D&b.  The uniqueness of this makes it intriguing, thus more valuable.

kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 05:00:10 pm »
I have thought of trying to sell it somewhere else. I agree it is very unique. I have search in every antique store I can find to see if I can find something I can compare it to.