Author Topic: Tea Set ?  (Read 5914 times)

PJL

• View Profile
Re: Tea Set ?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 09:10:04 am »
thanks everybody, I am going to contact the musuem see if hey have any leads. I really like this website and hope to become a regular here. Hey does anybody have an antique website were my wife could potrntially buy some items.P.S. I am looking for some swords if anybody knows of a good place.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 09:14:13 am »
were glad you like it here. & we are happy to have you. The texas badger is one of our poster's. and deal's in weapon's might like to ask him.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 04:13:35 pm »
There are three pots because.....the larger free standing pot is for coffee.  The smaller free standing is for tea (they are typically 1 - 2" shorter and slightly more narrow).  The one on the stand is called the "kettle with stand". 

When tea is served a very strong pot of tea is made, too strong to drink.  You then have another pot that is full of hot water.  You put a small amount of concentrated tea into a tea cup and then add water.  This was how an afternoon tea could serve a large number of people/ladies without having to go and constantly make more tea.

The more elaborate pieces even have a waste bowl - a silver container much like the sugar container but without a lid - to put the tea grounds in.

I would say an easy $150.00+ if it looks as good up close as these pics portray (no silver wear, no dents/dings). 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!