Author Topic: 1920's Vintage Gold Mesh Change Purse with rhinestones - What is the true value?  (Read 1594 times)

carrie_szczepanski

• View Profile
This adorable Vintage gold mesh change purse with rhinestones/crystals is from the 1920s and in as new condition. The mesh is extremely bright and fresh and has no missing or detached links. The accordion gold tone frame has a wonderful floral stamped design and is VERY tight and secure when closed.

This Gold Mesh Purse is close to 89 years old, it's been in my family for years, my Great Grandfather bought it for my Great Grandmother and it was passed on in our family.

Made in Germany.

I would love to know the true value of this beautiful change purse, the last time I looked on-line someone was selling theirs for $150, please help if you can, here is a pic below.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
the box is almost as important as the purse. $250.00 to $ 300.00 Dollars.

carrie_szczepanski

• View Profile
the box is almost as important as the purse. $250.00 to $ 300.00 Dollars.

Thanks so much for leting me know, I am trying to sell it but it's so hard to find someone who will pay that much for it, is there anyone/ or place you can think of were I could go and sell it?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I agree with D&b that the box is very important in setting the value for this! 

You can try and sell at EBay under a BUY NOW price and list a reasonable price that it will sell for.  Look at other various sites that you can find that sell vintage mesh purses and see about listing there.  If you can find a site that specializes in vintage items like this they may even buy it from you...but not at the value given...after all they will want to sell it and make some profit!

Best of Luck!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!