Author Topic: A Peter Rabbit spinning music figurine  (Read 1612 times)

unkannyvalley

• View Profile
A Peter Rabbit spinning music figurine
« on: March 04, 2009, 09:14:37 pm »
Hi there,

I have this Peter Rabbit ceramic figurine that spins while playing “It’s a small world after all” and am having trouble finding anything about it.  A stamp on the bottom says: “Copyright F. Warne & Co., New York & London 1977.”  A sticker on the bottom says “Schmid – The Creative Hand,”  “209,” “It’s a small world.”  It measures about 6.5 inches tall. 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: A Peter Rabbit spinning music figurine
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:37:35 pm »
     Just went surfing a bit and found lots of examples of these items, except no music box.  Not sure much about the company could find little about that, but did find mass with these hallmarks.  The price was all over the board.  $5.00 to $39.00, which sound like it has little value, but is very collectable Because yours has a mucic box that may make it a bit more special.   I'll call that vintage collectable, most likely $25.00 Ebay price at the right time to the right person.  $40.00 at a shop or on consignment.   Will look a bit more at the hallmarks but most likely will yield anything of intrest,found pieces into the 90's so I bet they still produce.   But take me with a grain of salt, the big boys will be back by morning and will give you better more experience detail, This is my second month of adding porcelain to my knowledge.

unkannyvalley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »
Your help is much appreciated.  Thanks.

kenshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »
I have a Beatrix Potter "Tailor of Glocester " from the same series  they are valued at $100+ . Check out Betrix Potter collectables .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »
Have the same one - would value $50.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!