Author Topic: Hibriten china cabinet help..???  (Read 4565 times)

hyneskate

• View Profile
Hibriten china cabinet help..???
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:01:50 am »
i have this china cabinet and i know nothing about it. i've tried researching the co. only to find they were bought by Bernhardt  i think in the 70's... i'm looking to get info on this peice and possibly the value..  i believe its walnut and its in 2 peices it does have lights .it does say Hibriten in a drawer  , so maybe if anyone can send me in the right direction to actually find out info...any help would be great thanks .
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:30:43 am by hyneskate »

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Hibriten china cabinet help..???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:13:03 pm »
Difficult to arrive at a value for furniture that is 'vintage/circa 1970's' and not yet considered antique, but Hibriten was a quality maker and should continue to at least maintain or go up in value over the years. Values differ depending on whether your insuring or selling. If your selling I would be in the $800-$1200 range. If your insuring, I would be in the $1500 range.

Visit your better furniture stores and see what something comparable is selling for retail, as I may be off base but this will give you an idea of what your up against............ .....best.......... .......Tim

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Hibriten china cabinet help..???
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:35:38 pm »
Hibriten was actually well made furniture...but you don't see many people out there clamoring to collect it.  It is a shame that it isn't a more collectible furniture....Well made from 20's thru late 60's then under Bernhardt/H in early 70's until Bernhardt dissolved it.

I would say that Tim is on target with his values for your piece. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!