Author Topic: Knowles show and tell  (Read 1174 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Knowles show and tell
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:02:51 pm »
      Since Knowles was metioned in a earlier post, thought I would share mine.   Was trying to date them but came up only guessing.  I was really hopein for mid 1800,  ;D   But gave myself a liberal estimate at late 19th to early 20th century.  Anyone want to take a stab at this one,  I also discover they are really known for there tolietry ware, I say they are part of a bathroom set, she say no  :D , like to step between us with a opinion on that too   

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Knowles show and tell
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:00 am »
Okay Ironlord1963...here's some of the scoop...

Your piece was made in 1921...thus the 21 at the beginning of the 3 number segment at the bottom.

Really need the dimensions to take a guess....otherwise I'm not touching this! Ha!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Knowles show and tell
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:07:25 am »
Gosh feel like such a newbie  :P,   I did think that might be a date code but for one reason or another decided it was a pattern number.  Oh well guess it is another piece for the vintage pile (Vintage 1920's Pile)  ;D , guess that is why I love this site.  As for the size, one is about 9" long and the other is just over 8" long, just slighty different in size, just enough that they fit inside each other.  Thanks again, KC for setting me on the right path.   ;)