Poll

How much is it worth?

Trying to find out more about it.
0 (0%)
I would like to sell it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Bronze ware  (Read 2160 times)

akprincess757

Bronze ware
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:13:16 pm »
I have a large set of bronze ware made in germany( I think). The only thing I can read is Lord Nelson. I live in Alaska and have no use for it. Can anyone help?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Bronze ware
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:03:35 pm »
     Hello, you look like you have a nice set of flatware there, at this moment I don't have information on the maker, but will look.  On thing I like is flatware.  How many pieces are there?, is it a complete set.  That in itself will make the biggest different in value.   This type of flatware set tends to have a moderate collector base.  A good set despite value and maker name can fetch $100.00 to $150.00 EBay, $200.00 consignment and maybe more to the few collectors.  That is a excellent condition set to the average consumer, value after that goes down pretty fast after that.  I am now looking into a set of 86 pieces for $50.00, not complete, and may buy it when it is half off.  I have a few I've tried to rid myself of Individual pieces to no avail. 
     Sorry for the long winded story, If you can tell me how many pieces? or service for? and condition I may be able to get closer to a value for you.  A few good close up pics would also be cool.  Hope my simple point of view is helpful.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:31:24 pm »
The maker is Furst Furosil with the Pattern Lord Nelson and it is considered a bronze flatware set.

(Is even listed at Replacements LTD but they do not have prices for they don't have pieces at this time!)

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:39 pm »
Beat me to it again KC  ;D , Yea I was going to that Lord Nelson is the pattern name, made by the for mention company, German made, Still current looks like and make lots of upper end german Stainless, did do some Silverplate and sterling.  Could not find much info on the company at my other sites, but will looks some more later if you get me some closer pics  ;)  It looks like the set you have is not that old, can't really tell from the pics, what I saw at ebay was not much from this maker available, that means you have something not common at least.  My value and advise is post it for $60.00 and repost at $40.00 if necessary and it will sell for maybe $50.00,  Find a local consignment store and wait a bit and it may yield $100.00.  I would buy it with out thinking at a thrift shop for $30.00. 

bsg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
Funny while searching for information on Lord Nelson by FURST FUROSIL I found this list!  I am helping a friend declutter and he has a wooden box with 12 services.  It DOES need some love but he does not need it so I am thinking of trying to find it a home for him.  Any ideas how best to clean it???
Thanks!