Author Topic: how to value/sell a large vintage braided rug?  (Read 1233 times)

sarahr

• View Profile
how to value/sell a large vintage braided rug?
« on: March 29, 2009, 08:22:36 pm »
I have a large (appx 8x10) oval braided rug made by my great aunt in the 1930's or 40's. It's wool - she used to seek out men's suits at tag sales, because she liked working with the long strips she could cut from trousers and suit coats - and is neutral in color (mostly browns, greys.) It's in good shape - for almost all its life, it has been sitting in low-traffic rooms. There's some wear, and it could probably stand to be cleaned (though it's not dirty per se.)

I can't use it in my home, and would like to sell it if possible, but I have no idea of its value, if there's a demand for this sort of thing, and what to do. I should add that it weighs a ton - the braids are tight, and the fabric strips were rolled before being braided.

I'd appreciate any guidance this group might offer. Thanks.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: how to value/sell a large vintage braided rug?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:18:49 pm »
sarahr...know exactly the kind of rug you are talking about....on this site or any other site you need to post pics.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sarahr

• View Profile
Re: how to value/sell a large vintage braided rug?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:31:55 am »
as soon as the snow melts from my driveway  ::) I'll take it outside and get some good pictures. thx!