Author Topic: carved religious madonnas  (Read 3139 times)

syl

• View Profile
carved religious madonnas
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:47:55 pm »
the first one has G.R  BIANCHI..the others have no markings.can anyone give me site thatmay help ..there are about 20 more of different material.Thanks

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: carved religious madonnas
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »
WHAT IS THE COMPOSITION OF THESE?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:22 pm »
the first one not sure but the others we think are ivory..

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:03:04 am »
We have had this name come across this site in the past....G Ruggeri Bianchi.....Italian ....Lots of "older items" traditional large sculptures, made in marble and alabaster

Traditionally found in homes of catholic faith...these figurines hold lots of sentimental value...possibly more than the actual artistic value of the piece.  If you search for G Ruggeri you will find lots of items for sale.  I am inclined to think that yours is a newer one - typically "masters" did not put circles around their initials.

Here is a rough automated translation of the relevant paragraph on the Italian site: "In 1987, after the cessation of the productive activity of the rinomata factory of artistic statues "Tito Bianchi" where Amilcare had obtained the first employment, the Santini family determined to acquire the rights of exclusive reproduction all the models, and acquired all the machinery and the equipments widening remarkablly the range of its production with statues of remarkable pregio artistic modeled nearly all from the famous scultore Gino Ruggeri, been born to Volterra, native land of the alabaster."

Example of some:  http://www.leafletonline.com/catalog/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={5a2f75b5-c645-4bfc-a29d-422e2c7712f7}&pname=Our+Lady+of+Grace+Statue+-+White+24%22&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&CookieChecked=true

http://www.matthewfsheehan.net/index.cfm?event=ProductDetails&CategoryID=93&ProductID=5139
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:22:11 am »
The C in a circle indicates they are protected by copy right

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:42 am »
Thanks D&b....once again I stopped short of my explanation!  The brain cells are wearing out! HA!

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:19:59 am »
thank you .Yes she had a big mary joseph and baby jesus with the name g.ruggeri on the back did not know it was the same  artist..It feels heavy maybe alabaster. it is not cold like marble.

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 05:12:44 pm »
picture of the above item