Author Topic: Carta Blanca Frogs  (Read 2945 times)

Voxee

• View Profile
Carta Blanca Frogs
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:52:24 pm »
Hi there, my parents were going through some stuff to throw in a garage sale and came across this. I have no idea of where it came from, but it looked old and interesting. The small sticker reads "Calidao Premiada Certificada". There are no other markings on it that indicate where this was made. These are real frogs. Not sure if this is worth anything or not, but I didn't want to just let it go at a garage sale without checking it out. I've searched everywhere but can't find any info at all these guys.  Any information is appreciated! Thanks!

[/img]

railman44

• View Profile
Re: Carta Blanca Frogs
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:01:17 am »
These appear to be an advertisement for Carta Blanca beer.  To my way of thinking, they are unusual too.  Advertising items are usually good property as I'm sure these fall into that area.  I don't know what they're worth or how rare they are, but I do know I wouldn't let them go for a song at a garage sale.  Beer aficionados and advertising collectors would jump at the chance to own this piece of advertising.  My .02 pesos...

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:25:41 am »
I agree with railman. this type of collectible is commonly called (Kitsch) you don't need it. Don't have to have it But it just catch's your eye. $ 45.00 Dollars

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:04:40 am »
Just playing a bit with this one this morning.  I typed Carta Blanca Beer & Taxidermy frogs Drinking into the yahoo search and found listings for about 5 of them or so.  When I went to click on the various sites, could not find a pic of the item.  They all seem to have a $31.00 price tag on them.  Not much but thought it might give you a clue or two. 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:18:17 am »
I had a relative that had one playing a fiddle.  Don't know whatever happened to it.  They got it in the service many, many years ago....  Saw these come in from Mexico and S American area.

I would agree with the $45 and even go up to $55 due to there being more than one frog and the eye-catching ad for beer!  They appear to be in good shape....just need a tad bit dry dusting!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Voxee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:07:57 am »
Thank you guys so much!  That's some awesome information.  You guys are quick too!

helgeson16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:05:28 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to post my question?  I apologize for using this reply, but I can't find a way to post?  Thank you.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 03:50:39 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to post my question?  I apologize for using this reply, but I can't find a way to post?  Thank you.

On the Home page you will see a New topic button on the top Right hand of the screen.  Sorry the main page for question, not the home page.  my bad

helgeson16

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 06:11:11 pm »
Thank you.  Some how I stumbled across it.