Author Topic: help with porcelian vasse  (Read 1767 times)

max2

• View Profile
help with porcelian vasse
« on: April 26, 2009, 02:05:22 pm »
I am a novice at this.  I hope I have pictures posted.

I have a vase that belonged to my mother-in-law.  She told me that it was special and old.  That is all that I know about it.  If the picture of the mark isn't clear, I will describe it for you.  The mark says AUSTRIA.  Over that word looks like a fish with branches on each side.  The branches curl upward and in the center is something that looks like a crown or bowl.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

mrsjrichard1980

• View Profile
Re: help with porcelian vasse
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »
I'm still looking, but maybe this will help?

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/oldbeginningsantiques/item/JV-00260

mrsjrichard1980

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 05:58:40 pm »
I'm still looking, but maybe this will help?

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/oldbeginningsantiques/item/JV-00260

I'm going to look more, but perhaps you have an "Victoria Austria Porcelain Vase" like the one pictured here:
ttp://cgi.ebay.com/VICTORIA-AUSTRIA-PORCELAIN--VASE-MARKED-1900'S/-FLORAL_W0QQitemZ160328191784QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090414?IMSfp=TL090414175004r10382

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 07:30:38 pm »
For Austrian that's a bit stiff. I'am speaking Ruby lane. use to do some appraiseing over there a few years ago.But this is the www & any thing goes. I'am thinkiing $125.00 Dollars

max2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:40 am »
Thanks for all of your help.  If you have any more info for me I would be delighted.

The vase measures 17 inches tall and is 11 inches around at the widest point.  The roses look very much like the roses in the pictures on this thread and are the same colors.  Maybe, some of this information can help. 

My mother-in-law died recently at 100 years old.  After she passed away I thought of so many things that I should have talked with her about while she was with us.  I don't know why I never asked her about this vase because she loved it so much and mentioned that it was special to me often. 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:57:59 pm »
This type of piece was highly prized among women around the age of our Grandmothers.  My grandmother had several pieces of this nature!  We have to bear in mind that in the time that they would have purchased these pieces, money was harder to come by and more value was placed on items...and even though times changed...their mental connection to these items still remained.  (Which is a good thing!)

I would agree closer in price to D&b. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

max2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 01:03:38 pm »
My MIL did china painting and made porcelain pieces for years.  She had a small business.  Because of her connection to this type of work, I thought she would know "special and old".  However, I have no idea what her idea of "special" was.  Old, on the other hand, speaks for itself. :D  She did not buy this item, it was given to her.

Thanks for the help.