Author Topic: black & white frramed prints  (Read 2200 times)

cogar

• View Profile
black & white frramed prints
« on: May 08, 2009, 04:50:00 am »
Below are what I think are 3 framed prints which the wife is interested in purchasing and she asked me to post the pictures of said to garner an opinion on said as to what their value might be. So, any help would be appreciated. Sam C

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: black & white frramed prints
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:49:30 pm »
Cogar, could you please tell us what the "names" of the pictures are and who they are by?  Even when the pics enlarge they are large enough to make it out!  Thanks!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 02:47:14 am »
Thanks KC, but ....... I am unable to do that. I uploaded those pictures from a website that a local auctioneer uses. Those 3 pictures are being sold at auction today, Saturday, May 9th, just a few miles up the road from where we live. In that we both knew the person whose estate it is, an old High School teacher, the wife figured they might be "good ones" iffen you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks again, I'll just tell the wife if she likes, buy um, but don't go bonkers on them.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 07:57:19 am »
I'am inclined to Believe there Good ''One'' frame style is early 60's $ 45.00 Dollars apiece would be cheap.

awmartin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 11:21:42 am »
I did some research, and these prints are made by Lionel Barrymore. They are probably from the early 60s.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:23:56 am by awmartin »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:46:04 pm »
Thank you Aw for your input. Don't make your self a stranger us'ns is the friendlist folk's in town.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 08:13:12 pm »
So Cogar, did you get them?

Lionel Barrymore (actor and artist) did many pieces - and there have been imitations/copies out there.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 12:33:17 am »
The wife had already left for the auction before I read D&B’s estimate. When she got back she told me she ran them to $100 for all 3 but someone wanted them more than she did. And yes, the name was Lionel Barrymore.

She was kinda exasperated when she got back saying “Everything I tried to buy someone ran the bid on me”. I laughed and told her … if she remembers that’s the way they use to do it, …. figuring it has to be worth a few dollars more than she was willing to pay for it. That’s when she told me, “Well I made someone pay for it, I bid a tall cased-glass vase up to $200 before I quit”.

She scares me every time she does that. Anyway, she did get what I wanted her to bid on, which surprised me, it turned out to be a “sleeper” that only cost her $5. A clear Iris & Herringbone candy dish w/lid. The finial on the lid had a big chip off of it ….. but still a good buy.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 06:58:45 am »
Cogar I think your wife did very well. you should be pleased. she saved you some money.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 11:09:47 am »
I LIKE HER STYLE!!!!!!!   Wouldn't want her bidding against me! LOL