Poll

i have a fiberglass picture from a artist named espada , i have a picture

whatever
0 (0%)
whatever
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: i have a fiberglass picture from a artist named espada , i have a picture??  (Read 1968 times)

fway27

• View Profile
i have a fiberglass picture from a artist named espada with two triangles connected. Its a picture that looks like from the middevil days with three guys, one playing the guitar, one playin the acordian, and another guy singing behind them. I dont have a pic yet but will have one soon. I know that my boss mom bought it in 1959 , but dont know much about it.if u have ever heard of any such of a pic, or an artist that did this type or work please let me know...its about 24x48 not exactly a lil smaller

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Don't know anything about the artist....but the picture depicts minstrels - musicians that traveled throughout Europe singing songs that told stories/tales that were real or made up about fantasy lands.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Chris_Marshall

I'm no expert on this, but the European minstrels, harlequines and clowns are normally found in certain categories. The one with the cone hat in the background for example - in an Italian picture he would normally be "Mr. Whiteface" if I remember correctly, the main or carrying personality in every bunch of fools/minstrels. In your case here, the type of depiction and something I can't pinpoint (gut feeling & bad memory) lets me believe that the front-left figure in red-yellow would represent the Spanish 'second row' guy, a loudmouth and womanizer. The third in green is the always silent pantomimic fool; in the end both (the active and the passive) get into trouble and need to be 'saved' by the guy in white - classic travelling comedy. So far, assumption #1.

Assumption #2: Could it be your description of the signature actually is the artists initials/monogram and instead of 'espada' actually reads "espaņa" for 'spain' (note the tilde-over-n character)?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
if his spelling is correct. it translates to ''Matador " these started appearing about the same time Lava lamp's appeared on the market in the early 60's.

But I suspect late 50's. interesting might sell in the $ 25.00 To $ 50.00 Dollar range. have to put it to auction and see.....

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Chris it's alway's a pleasure to see your name Grace these Boards.