Author Topic: Need help identifying a Diamond And Gold Ring Marked: 15-11-1828 + Box  (Read 1558 times)

LINCOLN

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

I need some help please. I went to a yard sale here in Augusta, Georgia (visiting) and i came across this old leather box and there was a ring inside (take a look at the pictures) inside the ring there is a date: 15-11-1828 and inside the box: A.O.FAULKNE JEWELLER & o 167.RECENT.ST (i can't see the last letter ???  ) Does anyone have an idea of it's origins etc.... and its estimated value?? Please help.
Thank you

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Lincoln it appears your ring is english. time frame circa 1828 Diamond 99% percent sure is the real thing. you need and Appraisal by gemologist.

Not a pawn shop. let's give the others a chance to speak a very nice buy!

railman44

• View Profile
Well, I guess first things first.  If it were mine, I'd take it to a jeweler and confirm the "diamond" was indeed real and what grade/size it is.  Next, I'd confirm the setting was indeed gold and what caret the "gold" setting is.  If everything proved positive, then you have something to go on.  

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Hello Lincoln ...

I checked with a friend in London & he told me that there's a pretty darn good chance that the address & name of the jeweler on the ringbox lid was one who once operated a shop at : 167 Regent St. , London , England .

Hope this helps .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
For those that don't know....in most European countries the date for November 11 1828 is shown as 15-11-1828 whereas here in the US it is 11-15-1828.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!