Author Topic: R S Prussia tea pot  (Read 2252 times)

babapmbt

• View Profile
R S Prussia tea pot
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:28 pm »
I am seeking information on a tea pot or it could be a chocolate pot?  Any information concerning the pattern, value, etc. would be so very much appreciated.  The lid has been broken and re-glued (poor job).  Thank you.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: R S Prussia tea pot
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:37:07 pm »
Hi babapmbt ...

You might want to check out your 'RS Prussia' mark at "rsprussia dot com" & see if you think it's an authentic mark .

I'm not trying to say that yours is not , but I've seen a few that are fakes ... and they've been good ones , at that !

Nice looking piece .

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:32:52 am »
My wife has a cabinet full of RS Prussia both red and green marked.  I've never seen a mark quite like yours.  If it's genuine, it's sad it has a broken lid.  That seriously affects the price of the piece.  Again, if it's genuine, you may want to look into having it professionally fixed/glued.

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 04:54:41 am »
Holding apart normal coffee/tea pots and pots able to cope with chocolate/cocoa, etc. is pretty easy. As you know, choklit too scared to be drunk tends to create a skin and of course a spout located high up on the pot body would either clog up or allow skin parts to gloop into a cup ... yuck!. So choklit pots have a spout where the opening to the pot body is located much lower, allowing as much as possible to be poured from 'underneath' the skin :)

babapmbt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 05:57:32 pm »
Thank you for the information.  Do any know of professionals that repair and glue?  Thanks again