Author Topic: Can anyone tell me information about these Antique Vases?  (Read 1852 times)

swtgc

• View Profile
Can anyone tell me information about these Antique Vases?
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:54:13 pm »
I have some vases that have been in the family for about 60 or so years. I don't know whether they are depression glass, or carnival glass or what but I'd like to know what they are and their possible value. I don't know how to post pictures to this post but I have enclosed the link to my flickr photo page which shows 7 pictures of 2 different vases. I appreciate any feedback or knowledge you all might have about the history or value of these vases. Thanks so much. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oilag31/sets/72157620819962619/

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone tell me information about these Antique Vases?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 04:22:38 am »
I don't know how to post pictures to this post

swtgc, did you read the 2nd STICKY post at the top of the page?

Anyway, is there a "mark" of any kind in the bottom or on the bottom of Vase #1?

It looks to me like it might be a piece of "newer" Carnival, but sometimes photos are deceiving because of the "flash".

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:22:29 am »
The pottery fan Vase about $ 25.00 Dollars. the carnival glass can we get a bottom view ?

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:45 pm »
The vase in the first few pictures looks like a Fenton piece to me, I would say about $35.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:21:22 am »
It looks similar to Fenton’s “April Showers” vase which range in size from 5” to 15” tall, but the flare of the base and the scalloped top is different.