Author Topic: Georges Pretre (Angel Records S35932) Contemporary ballets from France  (Read 1771 times)

DANTE5

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I found this lovely classical vinyl LP from Georges Pretre. "Contemporary ballets from France.  Angel Records S35932.  I can't find a recording date on it.  When I search for it on the internet, only Amazon came up.  Only in title but not available.  Does anyone know anything about this particular album.  I did however find a little history on Pretre and he begin recording in 1961.  Any information would be appreciated.

DANTE5

• View Profile
More images.....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:29:19 am by DANTE5 »

regularjoe2

• View Profile
I have no clue on this one , DANTE5 .

DANTE5

• View Profile
regularjoe...I suspect it was recorded in 1961 or 1962. Base of the history of Georges Pretre and Angels records.  Angel records was brought to the state side in 1961 due to some legalities with the EMI label production in the states.  It's marked recorded in France, mfg. in USA, but no recording date.  I am curious as to the significance of the S35932 (number sequence).  I found other Angel Records recordings from Europe with similar numbers but much higher number.  It is also noted on the album cover of other recordings by Pretre and the number is lower?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Records vary so much in value.  Depending on who/what/when/where....there are some great album value books out there.  Check out your local Barnes & Noble or even your library for the book to look up this one.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

DANTE5

• View Profile
Thanks KC...will do