Author Topic: Stomps-Burkhardt chair  (Read 5578 times)

Jess

• View Profile
Stomps-Burkhardt chair
« on: December 02, 2003, 07:44:17 am »
I recently aquired a Stomps-Burkhardt chair with a detailed carved face on the back.   When the chair is viewed from behind, another face with much less detail can be seen.  I have found very little info on this company or other pieces made by them.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jess  

Vicki

Stomps-Burkhardt chair
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 12:18:42 pm »
Any luck?  I have a stomp burkhardt chair that I describe as a "gargoil" looking thing....scary yet funny.   The company is or was in Dayton Ohio.   Do you have the label on the bottom of a Hawaiin looking man sitting on a chair?    It will have the motto "Modern chairs of quality Ohio".   I am trying to identify the history and value myself.  

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Stomps-Burkhardt chair
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 04:38:13 pm »
:ph34r: LET'S END THE MYSTERY' THEY WERE KNOWN FOR MISSION STYLE FURNITURE. ART'S AND CRAFT. 1900 to about 1930. these chair's are well known in the occult world. it's said they who set in the chair will lose there ability to function. immobolize them.value range. $450.00 to $500.00 dollars.

Vicki

• View Profile
Stomps-Burkhardt chair
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 01:51:47 pm »
The answer was almost as fun as the mystery!   Is there a book you would recommend that I may focus on to learn more about the company?  My chair only has the scary front face.   Does the immobilization still occur?  I ask about further reference because the wood is gorgoues and sturdy as can be, especially considering it bends like a boat hull....teak maybe?  I would love to collect more of them if they all are as unique as mine. How nice of you to respond!  Lost both my paernts within the year and instead of picking a work of art as we divvied up, I had to have that chair....still glad!  

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Stomps-Burkhardt chair
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 04:24:41 pm »
:( vicki I'am sorry to say there's not alot of info available on that company. a dealer buddy of mine say's those chair's. will do the job. I think you made a wise choice. there quality.

Vicki

• View Profile
Stomps-Burkhardt chair
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 12:02:23 pm »
Are you Mr. Dan?  I would love to send you a picture....been doing a bunch of surfing homework......more ornate than your friend has probably ever seen.  I found many a chair and none of them are like this one.