Author Topic: Herend china and glass top table, any info appreciated  (Read 3627 times)

jasminne

• View Profile
Herend china and glass top table, any info appreciated
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:47:45 am »
I have a Herend China Dish,  if anyone can tell me the value I would be very grateful.  Also, I have 2 small glass top tables with etchings along the edges. The smaller one slides up under the larger. Does anyone know of the value of these items? Thank You for your help.  Herend photos are located here : http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg234/stalkedwhisper/Herend/

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:45:07 am by jasminne »

jasminne

• View Profile
Re: Herend china and glass top table, any info appreciated
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:10:10 am »
Didn't mean for the photos to be so big!
 I have looked for ages for this type of table and can't find anything like it.

I saw several Herend dishes similar but with other designs. Some with birds that have sold for up to 500 dollars. Can't find anything like it in this gold trim color.

If anyone can help when you have time I would truly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:48:31 am by jasminne »

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:21:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum , jasminne .

Nice little footed dish .

I'd suggest that you use the term 'nesting tables' in your search for your furniture items .
Most of these type of tables I've seen have 3 units .

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:28 pm »
I LOVE the dish, it's really got a lot of character with those feet! I can't help but think that you could tell your children/grandchildren a wonderful story about a dragon who wouldn't behave and kept breaking the china of the Fairy Godmother... and so she turned him into a dish!! And then, with great ceremony, you bring out this mysterious footed dish out of the cupboard!!!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 12:41:51 pm »
I found the almost the same Herend dish, with a slightly different paint job, and different bands on it going for $450! Take a look:

http://atlantaantiquegallery.com/i-144907-herend-handpainted-cachet-pot.html

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »
Regularjoe is correct the tables are known as a ''Nest'' more commonly found in three's. your Bowl with gold luster would average $250.00 Dollars.

jasminne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:38:09 pm »
Wow fast service! Thank You
I found this Herend dish at replacements.com http://www.replacements.com/webquote/HERDOB.htm it has a blue rim. Next to it is this one, http://www.replacements.com/webquote/HERDOGO.htm  no photo though, but the description seems to be the same as mine. No value on either of them.

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:44 pm »
I would say $200-$275 on eBay if you get lucky. I have sold items like these for $400, or $20, just depends a little on luck, good feedback with selling antiques, and visibility. At an auction, especially if it has online visibility as well, I think you could get $400. However, the fees are fairly high and you have to hassle with the auction house which is always annoying. Anyway, good luck with your piece if you want to sell it, and if not, you have a lovely keepsake to pass on. (Would make a great children's story Tales, I am actually kind of interested in hearing how you would tell it :P I used to love dragon stories when I was a kid).

As for item #1, nesting tables in the correct term, and, like D&b and Joe said, they mostly have three tables, but I suppose it is possible for yours to have only two. We've all seen strange things.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 11:22:33 am »
You have already received some of the best information from the "ones in the know" on this site.

As far as the nesting table....is that cardboard on the underside of them?  Due to color/design I would be betting middle 90's.  Nesting tables as a norm do come in 3's so you are missing one.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jasminne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 06:49:39 pm »
Thanks for your help :) Much appreciated.
Yes the table's have a type of cardboard underneath. The glass tops are actually mirrored glass. Alot of darkening and dark spots on the taller one, not as much on the smaller. As far as their history, I do know that they were in the house as early as the mid 1950's but I don't know anything about them before that date. I believe there must have been 3 at one time since there is a 'nest' in the smaller table for another to fit in.

The Long 450 mile Yard Sale is next week. :)
Thanks you guys :)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 11:13:43 pm »
Lux, about that dragon story...

I think he'd be a very mischievious little dragon who was constantly breaking the dishes of the Fairy Godmother. Finally she becomes enraged one day when the dragon shatters her favorite dish that belonged to her great-great-fairy-grandmother. With a wave of her magic wand and a sprinkling of magic dust- POOF!! She turns him into a footed Herend bowl! Then she sets him up on a high shelf to sit and think awhile about what a bad little dish he has been, while she goes out into the woods to tend to the important business of fairy godmothering.

The dragon dish sits on his shelf sulking, thinking what a miserable fix he is in. But things are about to get much worse, as the door creaks open on its creaky-squeaky hinges and in creep a pair of elves, looking for trouble! They spy the glittering golden feet of the dragon dish and decide that this fine dish could be traded to Mordred the Ogre in exchange for... (OK someone else add the ending!)

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 07:09:53 pm »
Alright ..I'll do it .

...anything their hearts desired .
They were gleefully wringing their hands and grimacing so , that they'd almost missed sensing the thickening & almost palpable silence filling the room . Furtively glancing at eachother , they slowly turned towards the doorway where the fairy godmother was looming , with eyebrows raised and the countenance of fury personified !
They scampered past her cursing , nearly bowling her over , and away they vanished .

She had been returning to fetch an item she'd forgotten , and saw the mud , leaves & sticks they had tracked across her porch .

She gave a heavy sigh , and set about the work of cleaning up the slop .
As she was cleaning , down on her hands and knees , she thought back to the time - earlier that year , when her Prince Charming had promised to build a stone walkway for her , to keep down the mess in the house .

He'd chosen , instead , to buy a horse , repair his armor and go off on a quest .
She thought to herself "Sometimes that man just makes me so mad !!!" .

Just at that moment , in another hemisphere in distant climes , he was thinking about dragons & gold & the heat of the day ; and above the crackle of the campfire he was heard to say "It will be good when the Winter rains come." .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 09:09:40 am »
Ya'll have way too much time.....:)   

Couldn't stop laughing!!!!  You two might want to write a book together!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jasminne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:16:21 am »
hehe...I plan on telling that dragon story the next time someone asks about it  ;D