Author Topic: lincoln birthplace plate  (Read 1833 times)

kevcon

• View Profile
lincoln birthplace plate
« on: August 02, 2009, 10:51:24 am »
I have 2  10" Alfred Meakin blue and white Lincoln Birthplace plates imported by Jon Roth for the Nancy Lincoln Inn Hodgenville KY. Both plates have Old English Staffordshire Ware on the back.
Both plate have no chips or other damage.
Have done searches on the plates but could only find Lincoln birthplace plates by Adams imported by Jon Roth.
Any idea on a value ?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: lincoln birthplace plate
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:51:02 am »
I have found a lot of Old english Staffordshire wares made by Alfred Meakin on line, have a couple myself.  These are reproduction of old Staffordshire images done by Alfred Meakin.  They have a whole line of products under this hallmark, different images of Blue and White Styles.  As for value I saw quite a spread, but looks to be around $10.00 to $20.00 on line.  Thrift store is about $8.00 to $10.00.  But you have something a bit better then I have seen on line.  These was made espically for a very famous Inn,  Hotelware has a very  large collector base at least with it silver and silverplate items, I'm sure this is true with it Porcelain and Stoneware items.  I can see these easily bring $50.00 each because of this.  The only thing I can place for date would be after 1928 due to this is when the end was built.  I would guess it is pre 40's at least.

kevcon

• View Profile
Re: lincoln birthplace plate
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:05:57 pm »
thanks   thats better than i thought