Author Topic: klamer furniture  (Read 11449 times)

easmont08

• View Profile
klamer furniture
« on: August 05, 2009, 11:42:14 pm »
I have an antique hutch, buffet server and table and chairs. The furniture is all stamped with a label from the Klamer furniture company of Evansville, Indiana. I have tried to find information on the web about this company and the possible value of these pieces but have been able to find nothing. If anyone knows anything please let me know. Thanks.

railman44

• View Profile
Re: klamer furniture
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 04:31:39 am »
Pictures?

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 05:20:26 am »
Are they like these Klamer pieces ?

easmont08

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:28:03 pm »
my buffet server is similar in size to the one in the photo with the table, but my table is square instead of octogonal and looks like my table may be a little larger. i can definitely see similarities in the legs of the table and in the inset areas of the drawer in your bottom pic. also i am adding pics of the hutch and the label inside of the drawers. i will work on getting better and more pics. thanks.

easmont08

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:11:32 pm »
i also have been able to find all the different company names for the klamer furniture company but how do i determine which company name made my pieces. is there somewhere on the furniture that would have a date or any more information. i know very little about antique furniture. also would anyone have  a rough idea or even just a guess about the value of these pieces, because i have no idea. thanks for all the help.

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 03:09:53 pm »
Probably $1500 insurance value on the hutch. Any other opinions? I don't know much about American furniture.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 11:39:25 am »
I would say less than that for all pieces.   How many chairs?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

California girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 10:55:25 pm »
I'd love to see pictures of this piece of furniture or any piece of Klamer furniture. For whatever reason I just googled my great-grandfather's name last night (Herman Klamer, father of O.A. Klamer) and found enough information to keep me busy for awhile. Having grown up in Evansville in the 1950's, the Klamer furniture name by itself was pretty much history by then and had joined forces with Henry Goebel, O.A.Klamer's brother-in-law, to form Klamer-Goebel Furniture. Eventually Henry's 2 sons, Oscar and Raymond, took over the business and it became Goebel Furniture until around 1970 when the 2 sons sold the business. I have a lot of furniture that has been passed down but have never found identification on any of it, unfortunately.

easmont08

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 11:45:28 pm »
I do have some more pics of the furniture. I will try to get them on as soon as I can.

windywoo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »
I have a Wertz-Klamer dresser and I have been searching for more information.  I know that it was made in Evansville and Klamer is only one of the makers.  I can't tell who the main company is but I can read Wertz-Klamer and Schelosky Table Company. If anyone could help me find more information mainly the value that would be great.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 07:39:07 am »
http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?topic=16994.0

Here is your earlier thread  !!  Lots of info in the older thread !!

Estersre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 04:09:23 am »
Klamer Furniture offers an impressive range of beautifully crafted pieces that seamlessly blend form and function. Their dedication to quality and design is evident in every item they produce. From elegant dining tables to stylish lounge chairs, Klamer Furniture provides timeless pieces that can transform any space. I've had the pleasure of owning their dining set for a few years now, and it still looks as stunning as the day I got it. If you're looking for furniture that's not just functional but also a work of art, Klamer is definitely worth considering.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 02:07:53 am by KC »