Author Topic: hutschenreuther tea set  (Read 2493 times)

roger65

• View Profile
hutschenreuther tea set
« on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:12 am »
sorry i know i have posted this before but i am adding pictures to it. the pics. arent great but hopefully will give you an idea what they look like. i have found out they were made after 1918 but have not found this set anywhere,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: hutschenreuther tea set
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:22:40 pm »
Can you please give a little history?  Clearer pic of mark is needed.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:16:12 pm »
but have not found this set anywhere,

Are you searching for pattern name to add pieces to this set?  And what is in this set?  Just curious.  I know my books have lots of Hutschenreuther hallmarks, but usually with Intials  A.G,  C.M,  H and etc.  Not sure if this means anything but will peak around after I catch up on the Threads today.  This is a very nice piece / Set?.

roger65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:25 am »
the tea set was bought in germany in the fifties. i have seen the marks on 1 site but it had date unknown on it. i have seen other sets but none with green and a gold trim. the set has teapot, 8 saucers, 8 dessert plate, 6 cups [i know i am missing 2 cups. i have contacted replacement patterns.com and the havent been able to find it either and could only comment that it was rare. i am hoping ya'll could help me. any help would be greatly appriecated

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 12:12:02 pm »
"Porzellanfabrik C.M. Hutschenreuther AG", in this case the Arzberg division. I still have the mark listed as 'No date known' on my site until the next update September 6th but I can already say that your mark version was used between 1928 and 1963.

As for the comment on 'rare' one can say that these items are indeed hard to find not only because they are not Lorenz Hutschenreuther but from the factory of his father, Carl Magnus Hutschenreuther but also because the factory in Arzberg was the C.M.Hutschenreuther art department which per definition did not create mass-produced items. Many of their products went unnamed, meaning that there are many pieces and sets that have no official decoration or series name.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 03:41:50 pm »
Interesting info Chris!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

roger65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:38:52 pm »
thank you chris. that info was great. my wife was tickled pink to read it. we have been seaching for months to try to find info on it. i knew when i found this site it was a good place to find. ya'll are very good at the advice ya'll give. again thanks