Author Topic: Does anyone know what this is please.  (Read 1779 times)

teck

• View Profile
Does anyone know what this is please.
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:38:44 am »
My grandmother bought this in France in the 1950's and paid 200 pounds for it at an auction (she is quite well off), it weights 2kg, stands 12 "

It has a signature on it that looks to say Jerrand. It looks to be made out of either copper or bronze and the base looks like marble.

Thanks in advance.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know what this is please.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:30:29 am »
I believe the signature is Terrand This is a  medieval village found in the lower Beaujolais region in the Rohn valley in southeastern  France. I would begin a search of artists or any information you can find on that village. Does the bottom of the piece have any markings??  Will dig a little more to see what I can turn up.  Good luck

teck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:41:23 am »
Thank you for your reply, it does not have any markings on the bottom just the signature in the picture, I have looked all over it in detail and I can see no other markings, will have a look into what you said, appreciate the help!.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:53:52 am »
I have found some people who arrange travel tours of this region and believe they have spent time in the village of  Terrand. Could not hurt to try & contact them to see if they have any information about the village & its artisans or  could give you some leads as to search further. Donna Daniels & Jim Bailey 281 363-0808. Not sure if they still do tours but like I said couldn't hurt to try. Let us know what you find.