Author Topic: Coleman watercolor New Orleans street scene w/ horse and buggy  (Read 1964 times)

retro

• View Profile
Hi,  I have a framed watercolor with "Coleman" as the artist's name.  It is a picture of an old New Orleans street.  There is a horse and buggy and the obvious French Quarter type of street scene.  I would be very grateful if anyone would be able to give me any background info!  Also, please feel free to give me forum etiquette tips as I am a "Newbie" .  Thank you!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Coleman watercolor New Orleans street scene w/ horse and buggy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:36:01 am »
 ;DRetro we like to think were '' nice'' people. I have too admit sometimes we can get cranky. I could suggest, who mr Coleman is. but pictures can be a tremendous help. front back etc.

retro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:32:49 pm »
Hi D&B,  Thank you for the advice!  Who do you think it could be?  I will try to get some pics posted.  Thanks again.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 08:52:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum , retro .

There's several possible artists with that name who did/do watercolors in/of New Orleans .
Images are the best start for research here , I think .

As far as the etiquette question , one thing is to have some patience .
Folks here slog through their books , on-line resources , fellow collectors/dealers/friends & foggy brains to try and help .... this can take awhile .
Everybody here does it for free , just because they want to .

If you feel that you'd like to 'refresh' members memories (when your post(s) move further down , or even off the 1st Forum page) that you want info/input , simply add a reply to the 'orphaned' post & it will automatically move to the top of the list again !

I also think that it's nice to have as much information as you do know about an item posted with the item itself .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "