Author Topic: Any Steiff collectors / interest out there?  (Read 47336 times)

Steiffgal

• View Profile
Any Steiff collectors / interest out there?
« on: August 29, 2009, 01:08:00 pm »
Just checking with the group to see if anyone is interested in Steiff collectibles. If you are, then let's talk Steiff! (warning... shameless promotion ahead!) Check out http://mysteifflife.blogspot.com/ a blog about all things Steiff. I am happy to take a look at your old Steiff, just send along a few photos and a brief description of the item. And, if your stuff is very cool, and makes for an interesting story, I will even do a full blown webpost on it. Thanks! Steiffgal

Steiffgal

• View Profile
Re: Any Steiff collectors / interest out there?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:23:55 pm »
Sure to put you to sleep... in a good way! Just posted a new blog column on vintage Steiff pajama bags! http://mysteifflife.blogspot.com/2009/08/great-steiff-bedtime-story.html
Take a look and let me know what you think! :D

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:42:14 am »
Very old Steiff teddy bears bring a pretty penny per the Antiques Roadshow.  I bought teddy bears for my daughter and have a huge garbage bag full of them in the basement.  They were bought 35 or so years ago.  Maybe I should go through the bag and see if there's any Steiff bears in that bag. ???

Steiffgal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:23:35 am »
Cool!  Yes, definitely have a look in the bag!  I would be happy to take a look at pictures of bears you think may be Steiff or other collectible brands, just email pictures to this forum or to me directly at steifflife@gmail.com. 

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:20 am »
I have the Steiff cat puppet, which I recently saw priced at $135 in an antique store. Mine is just like it, but without tags and showing more age.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Steiffgal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:44 am »
I have the Steiff cat puppet, which I recently saw priced at $135 in an antique store. Mine is just like it, but without tags and showing more age.

She's lovely, I especially like her heart shaped pink nose.  She looks to be in pretty good condition.  This particular puppet design was produced from 1950 through 1978.  Her button and tag style date her late 1970's. 

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 06:57:08 pm »
I'll photograph the one I have. It was given to me when I was very little so mine is a bit earlier, about 1965-ish. I don't think mine has a heart-shaped nose. I'll have to check on that. The tags are long gone of course, since this was a much-loved toy of mine and "back in the olden days" no one thought about keeping the tags on!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 08:18:18 pm »
I just have to say it is wonderful to have a stuff animal expert here.  I have seen a couple of post come through you would have fun with.  Maybe you can turn us all into Steiff lovers and collectors  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 08:57:23 am »
Fun new area to venture in!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Steiffgal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:38 am »
I'll photograph the one I have. It was given to me when I was very little so mine is a bit earlier, about 1965-ish. I don't think mine has a heart-shaped nose. I'll have to check on that. The tags are long gone of course, since this was a much-loved toy of mine and "back in the olden days" no one thought about keeping the tags on!

Sure, happy to take a look.  Sentimental value is important, too!

Steiffgal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 09:06:23 am »
I just have to say it is wonderful to have a stuff animal expert here.  I have seen a couple of post come through you would have fun with.  Maybe you can turn us all into Steiff lovers and collectors  ;D

I'll do my best!  LOL

Steiffgal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 09:07:44 am »
Fun new area to venture in!

It is a fun hobby and you meet the nicest people!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 12:54:45 pm »
 Cool! I agree, having a stuffed animal person on board will be great! My mother has an old mohair bear of my grandmothers. I'll try to get some photos of it, but it will probably take a while. The bear is an oldie, dating to the early 1900's, as Grandma was born in 1906. But he's in pretty poor condition as I remember.

Steiffgal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 02:15:27 pm »
Cool! I agree, having a stuffed animal person on board will be great! My mother has an old mohair bear of my grandmothers. I'll try to get some photos of it, but it will probably take a while. The bear is an oldie, dating to the early 1900's, as Grandma was born in 1906. But he's in pretty poor condition as I remember.

How exciting, send along when you can.  Love those oldies but goodies! 

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 05:50:07 pm »
Will also post a picture I have a very cute little blue steiff mouse if I can find him (hope one of my precious puppies did not find him!!!!)