Author Topic: Made in Japan Juicer  (Read 2794 times)

Sherrie

• View Profile
Made in Japan Juicer
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:43:13 am »
I've looked high and low to identify the age and estimated value of this Made in Japan juicer.  I found hundreds of juicers on various sites including e-bay and haven't come close.  Can anyone be of help?

Sherrie

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Made in Japan Juicer
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:55:28 am »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:50:54 am »
Sherrie you have a mighty nice vintage pottery juice reamer.  I would value it $15 - $25 if in fact it has no crack or chips.

If you have kept your eye on these, even on Ebay, you would notice that the truly valuable ones were of animals/figures and sell in the hundreds.

Objects marked "Made in Occupied Japan" or "Occupied Japan" were made between the end of the Second World War 1945 and April 18, 1952, when the occupation by American troops ended.  After that, according to a ruling by the US Bureau of Customs ruled that articles manufactured/produced in Japan must be marked to indicate the country of origin. (So during the occupation it had to state that and afterward it had to indicate "Made in Japan", "Japan" etc.  So that gives you an idea on time line.

As you will see, if you remain a visitor to this site, any marks or indicators or origin really help in defining your piece.  These type of items as yours were lucky to even get the Made in Japan stamp...they were cranking out so many items to be exported.

Best of luck to you!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:50:59 pm »
Is it handpainted?.  For a reamer you have a really nice one.  being pottery and not glass is a bonus too.  When looking up a old sunkist reamer I acquired I actually discover it has a minor collector base, and chances are in 10 years or so they will be a hot item to collectors, just something I picked up here recently.  So being pottery and if hand painted I feel you will soon have a gem in the raw, just have to wait a bit.  Once again nice reamer that would stand proud amonst any collection.