Author Topic: ANTIQUE BUCKEYE BREWERY 5 GALLON JUG  (Read 1275 times)

agreeneyes

ANTIQUE BUCKEYE BREWERY 5 GALLON JUG
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:20:34 am »
HI, HERE I AM AGAIN ASKING THE EXPERTS. THIS IS AN ORIGINIAL 5 GALLON JUG  BY BUCKEYE BREWERY, IN MACOMB ILL.  THE JUG HAS WRITING ON IT FROM WHAT I CAN MAKE OUT IT SAYS 5 THEN ON THE RIBBON IT STATES BLUE RIBBON THEN BUCKEYE BREWERY MACOMB, ILL.  IT APPEARS TO BE AN OLDER JUG AND IT WEIGHS ABOUT 22 LBS AND IS APPROX 17 1/2 INCHES TALL.  THERE IS CRAZING IN THE GLAZE AND IT APPEARS TO BE HAND MADE.  THERE IS EVEN A THUMB PRINT ON THE JUG THAT WAS PUT THERE FROM THE PERSON HOLDING IT IN THE MAKING OF IT. IT HAS CRACKS AND CHIPS AND IS VERY UNEVEN IN PLACES.  I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE KNOWS THE AGE OF THIS JUG AND THE VALUE, THANK YOU
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:52:07 am by agreeneyes »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: ANTIQUE BUCKEYE BREWERY 5 GALLON JUG
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:56:53 pm »
THIS IS AN ORIGINIAL 5 GALLON JUG  BY BUCKEYE BREWERY, IN MACOMB ILL.  

agreeneyes, actually it would be a 5 gal jug with the Buckeye Brewery name on it.

There were potteries everywhere that made all types of stoneware and a company such as Buckeye Brewery could purchase said stoneware with their name, logo or whatever stenciled on them.

The white and brown n' white jugs are actually the "new" old ones. Those that are grayish or dark brown are usually the oldest. And the ones that have the "freehand" lettering and decorations in cobalt blue are the old ones along with what they call "redware", if I remember correctly. I'll guess and say yours is 1900 to 1930.

And via old prices I'm familiar with, your jug should bring anywhere from $50 to $80+ depending on where you live and who wants it. If D&B replies, go with his priceing. 

agreeneyes

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:33:36 pm »
thank you

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 04:05:15 pm »
Welcome back Greeneyes. your looking at $75.00 to $ 100.00 Dollars.

agreeneyes

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »
Thank you. I can always count on everyone to help me out, really appreciate this website.