Author Topic: Beatles Contact Sheet  (Read 4317 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Beatles Contact Sheet
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:46:53 pm »
    While rummaging around some of my old stuff, I came across a old treasure of mine.  Of course then I started to try and decide a value, of course this one is a bit hard.  So I thought well lets just share this as my find of the week (refind).  I have work for many years in the photo industry, Of course a bit of a pack rat, and when the boss say throw out those old files, well not everything gets tossed.  The owner of a previous photo lab, was a young photograher and got a chance to take pics of the Beatles on their first tour here in seattle.  These photos was never published and he still has the orginal negatives somewhere.  I did try and give this back to him when I found it, but he said keep it and told me the story.  This is just the contact sheet of the photos, but negative are lost in the void and I have the only contact sheet of these pics.  I have had them for about 10 years lost in the void of my Pack rat closet.  So I thought maybe I should sell them to someone who may like it more then me.  Well folks if you was in my shoes what would you say they are worth?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:09:46 pm by ironlord1963 »

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Beatles Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:38:25 pm »
You know my gut feeling is that on something like that, you'd have to assume the best and see if you could interest an auction house in putting it up for a well-advertised memorabilia auction, and just see what the heck happens! Boy, with an item like that, one of a kind with unreleased photos... I suppose you might have the potential for it to go hog wild, or fall flat on its face. I guess you'd have to research what other good, clear, one-off photos would bring. You could really jump the value if you could get a surviving Beatle to sign it!!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:21:41 am »
I doubt it would fall on it's face at a serious auction.  Too bad the negatives are lost in the void.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:29:19 am »
Cool proof sheet , ironlord .

Since you work in the art-framing world , sounds like time to stick 'em in one .

Just a thought , but perhaps you could persuade the music museum in Seattle Center (you know the one) to disply them there for awhile .

Besides being a photo-record of one-of-a-kind moments in Seattle/music history , it could/would add to their value when being sold ( or donate them for tax purposes !!! ) .

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:10:07 am »
Good point joe maybe I should go talk to them at the EMP.  I will or figured I would frame it in a nice frame.  Still just thinking about it, just refound it yesterday so still giving it some thought.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 10:56:35 am »
A good point about them displaying them at the museum (make sure of the the agreement if they are lost or stolen while on loan)....you can then tout this as a plus/plus for them....which should make their value more valid and possibly bring in more $$$.

Document, document, document......docum ent how you came into possession of them.  The time/date they were shot and by whom.  All of this matters!

Auction is a great idea tales.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »
I bet there are museums like the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and that kind of stuff that would LOVE to display some never before seen photos of the Fab Four! I think you've got something really special here!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 12:46:05 pm »
You know, just to keep those photos completely in an unpublished state, now that we got to check 'em out, why don't you pull the images out of the forum, before somebody nabs 'em? Just to be safe.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »
I agree with tales!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 01:08:46 pm »
Maybe that is a good ideal, but I just tried and it won't let me.  Not that I'm too worried, they are pretty low res files. Won't be able to make them that big.  If someone know how like Admin to delete them that would be fine.  I do have a sales person here that has connections at the EMP, and she is going to ask them to get a hold of me.  However after your comment, I just might use the scanner here at work to make high res files of the images before I do anything with them.  So if your a beatles fan let me know, maybe I can set you up. 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »
  O.k. I just figured it out, photos are removed thanks for the advise tales.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 01:17:06 pm »
By golly you are quick! 

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »
You're welcome! Better to err on the side of paranoia!  ;D

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 02:54:19 pm »
Glad to have seen them & to see them gone , ironlord .

I was thinking about the whole issue when I veiwed them this morning , and refrained from saying anything ... happy that others here did !

Now you can say that they've been exhibited at a members-only limited audience 5.5 hour debut on-line !

Skinny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:39 pm »
I missed it!!!!

You know, the Beatles are going through a huge resurgence in popularity right now, due to the re-issue of their remastered albums and the RockBand Beatles game. I would say this is the time to sell! What you have just might go for an absurd amount of money.