Author Topic: Antique Dishes  (Read 2867 times)

angelk

• View Profile
Antique Dishes
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »
I inherited antique dishes from my grandmother.  They have a dutch windmill scene with gold etching.  Has anyone ever seen these?  Know who made them or what they are worth?  I am guessing they are circa 1940's or 1950's....  Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Dishes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 06:40:22 pm »
Hi angelk....are there any markings on the back and if so...please post a pic!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

angelk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:44:55 am »
Hi angelk....are there any markings on the back and if so...please post a pic!

I have a picture of the marking.  I'll try to upload it....I'm not doing so well with figuring out how to respond and such yet.  Hope this is right....it states "Stetson warranted 22k gold"

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:24 am »
Stenson China Company in Lincoln Illinois was in business from 1919 - 1965.  The value would depend on what you have in dishes.  Do you have a full set of 8?  A single plate like this would be worth a little, but a set may be worth a bit more. 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 08:21:21 am »
I found your set at replacments.com 

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/STTSTT54.htm

angelk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »
You guys are awesome!  I have looked for this and was unable to find it.  Yes, I have a whole set of 8 dishes with cups, saucers, creamer and serving plate....  Thank you again for taking the time to help out someone who has inherited a few older items from her grandmother and is clueless as to what I have!!   :)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:22:47 pm »
You welcome angelK, it is our pleasure and keeps us entertained, Please come back a post some more if you like.  Just a little note on the value.  Replacement.com is wonderful for looking up pattern names, and even better if you need a piece to complete your set, but the prices are about 50% over the cost of street value, then a set usually sales for less then if you add up the cost of the individaul items.  If you want a good street value, add up the pieces and about 30% to 40% will give you a ballpark, at least that works for me.  Others may have a different opinion on this.  Again thanks and welcome to the forum