Author Topic: Glass 6 candle holder  (Read 2462 times)

Jeff313

• View Profile
Glass 6 candle holder
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:08:48 pm »
Hi all this is such a neat site, I was wondering if anyone has any info on this item,i believe its glass and the base is about 5 inches around and is quite thick and heavy, there are 6 candleholder stems that fit into the base that are about 8 inches tall. A local antique dealer told me it was a fostoria "frog" and that it was missing a oblong shaped dish that the whole thing sits in, I've done alot of searching on the web and cant seem to find any info on it. If anyone has any info on this piece it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it along. Thanks so much!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Glass 6 candle holder
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 11:27:20 pm »
Jeff, that is an incredible looking candle holder.  Being a newbie at this I really can't offer any advice or opinion, but did find this website. They appear to handle a lot of Fostoria (both selling and collecting).  If no one here can supply you with the info you are looking for you may want to try contacting them with your pictures to see what they say.

http://www.robinsnestantiques.net/robinsnest/

http://www.robinsnestantiques.net/robinsnest/fostoria%20glass.htm

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 07:30:50 am »
The wife says she don’t ever remember seeing anything like that in her Fostoria books. And she has several, including the “bible”, aka:  Fostoria: The 1st 50 Years, by Hazel Marie Weatherman

Jeff313

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:42:49 am »
Thanks for the link saphire, i think you're right cogar it isnt fostoria i've been searching for a few days and cant come up with anything. Thanks for the help guys. I might start searching the Keisey archives.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:49 pm »
Jeff, that's Heisey, ....... and that's what the wife said, "it might be Heisey, look how clear the glass is".

And Jeff, they might be calling that an epergne instead of a frog.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 01:07:19 pm »
I agree with Cogar. it's not a frog, epergne is more like it. likely it's missing the center piece. I sifted thru a 500 page catalog of Heisy Glass it's not there.

Jeff313

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 01:53:23 pm »
Wow thanks alot guys i appreciate all help, i had a hunch it was heisey, now im gonna start searchin to see if i can find one like it. Thank you all so much.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 04:21:39 am »
Jeff and all, I am forced to post a correction to my above post it was I who goofed.

The wife diligently checked another half dozen books, even Heisey books, and then back to “Fostoria – the Popular Years”, by Jo Ann Schliesmann, which I had previously scanned through and ……BINGO.

Jeff313

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 11:40:34 am »
Cool, I was started to think i was never gonna find this thing. Thanks alot Cogar +rep, Thanks to everybody that helped on this one. I never would have found it by myself.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 05:39:53 pm »
Great job cogar...knew it as an epiergne but wouldn't have guess Fostoria!  Learn something new everyday!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 07:12:14 pm »
Jeff, maybe someday you can complete it !!

http://www.replacementslimited.com/webquote/FOSGAC.htm