Author Topic: I need help with my china cabinet, and desk PLEASE Help  (Read 3166 times)

Honda4life588

• View Profile
I need help with my china cabinet, and desk PLEASE Help
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:56:55 pm »
I need any help whatsoever about this peice i know that it dates back to the late 1800- early 1900's It has Mirrored backround, glass shelf, wide hand carved trim up top curved glass on the sides, and for the door a double bowed glass, Lions head carved in the pillars and carved lions feet, just wondering what its all worth, and some info about it

also i have this old "library desk" ( iguess its called) with a big mirror, also on my photobucket

heres my photobucket

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/Honda4life588/

cogar

• View Profile
Re: I need help with my china cabinet, and desk PLEASE Help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:00:03 am »
OH WOW, that is one of the nicest "curved glass" china cabinets I've ever seen.

Check the 10th set of pictures down …. on this site, and its not as nice as yours..

Carved Oak Curved Glass China Cabinet
 http://cedarlaneantiques.com/Furniture.htm

Honda4life588

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 10:37:31 am »
thank you i appriciate it, any idea on what it might be worth?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 12:30:04 pm »
Totally agree cogar.  The large claw feet (only 2!) towards the middle of the cabinet are nice!  Carving is very, very nice!  Glass looks like it is in great shape....have to think on the value on this one.....

Sure hope it is sitting in front of that window only for the picture to be taken and not permanently!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Honda4life588

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:54:33 pm »
thats from when we moved it in our house its in a darker no window area lol

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 12:06:09 pm »
The china cabinet is Tiger Oak. the style is that of the renaissance. of which this one is from about 1910 or so. $1,200.00 Dollars. the library table appears to be Mahagony. about $ 450.00 Dollars.

BelairDesignStudios

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 02:57:23 pm »
The oak cabinet does indeed date from the late 1800s to early 1900s (probably in the 1890-1910 period), serpentine front, and the frieze carving certainly makes it a higher end cabinet of the period. I suppose value would depend on your region, but I would guess the $2000-$2500 area if it's as good as it looks to be in the pictures.

The other piece looks to be more of an entrance foyer table. I had a very similar table some years ago but it was a "pier" table as it had a mirror on the back bottom (supposedly for checking out one's petticoat or something :). It's Empire design and dates from 1830-1850 I'd say. Nice mahoghany veneer. Looking at it though, I just get the feeling that something is missing (perhaps a small frieze across the top?). As is, probably $500 or so with the mirror.
Artist/Sculptor/Collector :) Creator of the Sculptural Dog Leash Holder! BelairDesignStudios .com

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 03:11:18 pm »
Greeting's Bel Air. was'nt looking at the mirror. if mirror match's hard to tell. late empire period.

roger65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 09:45:41 am »
very nice china cabinet. my mother has one identical to it. only when she bought it it had one of the glass ends busted, they had it replaced with plexiglass. still looks good but i know it hurt the value

Kosmo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:27:15 pm »
I need any help whatsoever about this peice i know that it dates back to the late 1800- early 1900's It has Mirrored backround, glass shelf, wide hand carved trim up top curved glass on the sides, and for the door a double bowed glass, Lions head carved in the pillars and carved lions feet, just wondering what its all worth, and some info about it

also i have this old "library desk" ( iguess its called) with a big mirror, also on my photobucket

heres my photobucket

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/Honda4life588/

China cabinet would be anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000.  You really can't go by what antique shops want as they usually price their stuff a little high.  The best way is to find auction results.

Not sure on the table as it looks like it could be empire or similar.

Honda4life588

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 08:09:23 pm »
Shes for sale if anyone is interested, taking bo

Honda4life588

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:03 pm »
hey roger can you please send me pics of your mother cabinet if you could get the chance i want to compare them see if they are exactly the same thing, i would like to find someone that has the exact one but no luck so far