Poll

Hummel Figurines

Hummel
0 (0%)
Hummel Figurine
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Hummel Figurines  (Read 1371 times)

jojo76

• View Profile
Hummel Figurines
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:52:44 pm »
We have an upcoming auction with hummel figurines on it, Wayside Harmony, Lets Sing, and Spring Cheer.  They are all authentic with markings on the bottom.  Does anyone have any idea what these are worth?  Pictures can be seen at midwestlandauctions .com

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Hummel Figurines
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:30:56 pm »
jojo I am very sorry to say  That the market has not been good for hummels. Wayside harmony model # 111/I  5"  in years past  would have sold for at least $310.00  now on ebay for around $39.99 and no one is bidding- same hummel model # 111/3/0  4" would have sold for $165.00 is on ebay for $9.95. Have spoken with a very well known auction house and they stated younger collectors are just not interested,to many well kept collections around and so on    they do not expect the market to return. They stated my 63 or so hummels would maybe bring $1,500.00  at auction if I was lucky. (would rather keep them in the family) But good luck!!!

jojo76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:33:12 pm »
thanks for the reply.  that as kind of what I was finding too, but wanted to make sure that it was correct.  Again. thanks

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 10:40:48 am »
Agree with Wendy!  I have quite a collection.  Holding on til better times or willing them to kids!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 05:48:39 am »
Jojo also many dealers scooped up hummels by the hundreds when news that Goebel  was closing thinking prices would skyrocket only to find the company was sold  and will continue to produce product with original molds and has rehired many artisans who worked for Goebel. thus the flood of hummels in the sellers market. Maybe if sales are low and the new buyers close  the secondary market sales will go up but that's a big if. As KC said
  Holding on til better times or willing them to kids!