Author Topic: Small Clock Questions  (Read 6261 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Small Clock Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 10:38:56 am »
Another hijack....this week at high school my sons Ecology teacher taught the class that lemon and lime trees grow well with human urine!  I advised him that if I catch him "watering" my potted lime tree I will put a cork in it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dean Perdue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:01 pm »
Don't accept a citrus drink from this teacher.
Bet you were surprised to hear this when you asked your kid "what did you learn in school today"
Here the US is getting skinned alive and this is what our educator's are spending their time teaching the next generation. Some things never change.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 06:03:47 pm »
Gotta let you know....researched it online....many reliable sources say the urine thing is true....even Peace Corps!  http://arc.peacecorpsconnect.org/view/553

I still better not catch him!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 08:35:12 pm »
   Retro clock to Nose grease and now Urine for trees, where will this go Next  :D, Thought I was doin good just learning about Antiques and vintage items, well looks like we even offer more  8).  Nose Grease is really great for scratched negitives and Urine for brushing your teeth.  True too but negatives are now vintage and using urine is for everyday use is Antique.  Really do love this site .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 10:47:10 pm »
Ironlord, I laughed so hard I cried when I read your post!

My apologies to everyone for the hijack earlier.  Just got a bit carried away....I will try and restrain myself in the future!  Limeade anyone?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 10:50:03 pm »
LOL, I pass on the lemonade, never really liked the taste  :P

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 11:11:39 pm »
Before I let my husband "treat" my rangpour lime tree, I ran a few searches and found there is a book out called "Your Own Perfect Medicine." and it's all about "Urine Therapy". Drink up fellas!! Hey, maybe we can use Ironlord's new brandy warmer to get the full effect!!

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine_martha.htm
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:13:10 pm by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 11:16:00 pm »
Mysty, says no way on using the warmer, as a matter of fact I'm now banded from using it.  LOL.  Now I got to check out the link from tales, just cause I curious  :o.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 11:55:06 pm »
To add more to the hijack ....

'Bert' (Herbert James) Munro , of Edendale/Invercargil,New Zealand - Holder of the world record for the fastest motorcycle (sub-1000cc , set on 8-26-1967) rode a 1920 Indian , when he was 68 , to the then , and present world speed record .

Bert was well known for taking his 'morning constitutional' on the lemon tree behind his shop in Invercargil .

Pictured below is the "Munro Special" that he rode .