Author Topic: Ming Dynasty  (Read 1157 times)

backdok

• View Profile
Ming Dynasty
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:31:01 pm »
I have, what I have been told is a Ming Dynasty incense burner. My wife's grandparents supposedly had it appraised back in the 60's of 70's at 30K. To be honest I don't even know if that is true or if this item is real. I have tried to find someone to take a look at the item but I am having difficulty finding someone. I thought it best to first find out if it is Ming and of course real before I get carried away with paying for an insurance appraisal to begin with. Would love some help with this. I have pictures of the item but I can't figure out the attaching it here part.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Ming Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:48:11 pm »
backdok are there any markings on the bottom and do you have a written appraisal for the 30K from the 60s or 70s. Would really need to see the bottom and any & all markings it is a very pretty piece  You could always send Photos of your piece front & bottom of  base to a reputable auction house & await there reply.(could take up to 4 weeks)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Ming Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 07:19:40 pm »
Can you post a close up of the top metal piece as well as a view looking down on it?  Any other pics of marks/markings will help!

Is the inside glazed or unglazed?  Is the bottom?  Dimensions?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!