Author Topic: Old "DH Fritts & Co" Walnut Table  (Read 4132 times)

JamesEarlJones

• View Profile
Old "DH Fritts & Co" Walnut Table
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:58 am »
My grandfather came across this table in his travels, and is curious if it's of any value. After looking around the internet, there is very little information on DH Fritts, other than that it was a Chicago-based company in the late 19th and early 20th century. A person with a Mahogany table on a different forum stated he had heard of a DH Fritts table going for $20,000+. While we're well aware that this table probably isn't worth much at all, we thought we'd see. My grandfather says someone clearly tried to paint it, but that they did a terrible job and the paint just falls off (and could purposely be taken off to show the original paint job). I personally know nothing of these things however, I'm just the internet guy. Here are some pictures, any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated. A local antique seller said she could sell it for about $100.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Old "DH Fritts & Co" Walnut Table
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:05:02 am »
These tables are commonly, called French Half tables. I would take the $100.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Old "DH Fritts & Co" Walnut Table
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »
Yepper...it's a FRENCH half table!  I agree, take the money and run!

Don't believe that Fritts made it but was a furniture dealer!  Could be wrong.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!