Author Topic: amber dish set  (Read 1155 times)

Pami

• View Profile
amber dish set
« on: November 24, 2009, 09:31:47 am »
I am new to antiquing but I have a set of dinnerware I think depression I know it is over 60 years old is orangy with rainbow hues and etched with flowers on edges, The set has 6 dinner plates,6salad bowls.6 bread and butterplates 6 sherbet bowls,6 desert bowls,2 serving bowls,1 vegetable bowl 4 cups,4 saucers and a creamer and sugar. It is in mint condition.I do not have a picture but will get one soon.Please if anyone knows anything about this or approximate value I would appreciate it Thankls

cogar

• View Profile
Re: amber dish set
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57:30 am »
Sounds interesting, am waiting to see pictures of top and bottom of a plate.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: amber dish set
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:54:12 pm »
    That would be considered Carnival Glass,  Made most popular by Fenton.  It may be from the depression era, but most likely not considered Depression wear.  True Depression wear was Give away promotion glass during the late 20's and into the early 40's.  There is only 92 patterns considered as true depression wear.  Even though many call them Depression.  Carinval glass was made during those years but was not part of the Depression wear line.  Would love to see the pattern and could maybe ID it for you.