Author Topic: Father in law's estate = many questions - WW CAFFYN OIL PAINTING DATED 1890  (Read 2771 times)

joensue

• View Profile
First - I am unable to upload the photo's to this site - they can be found at

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/joensue0923/

This painting has been in my husbands family for over 40 years.  His parents collected everything from coins and stamps to magazines and collector plates.  Many crystal items and lamps galore. We have just begun to sort through all of the items.

I've researched this artist and have found that the paintings do have value - but I have been unable to locate this painting online.  If anyone is familiar with this, I would really appreciate any and all info. available - especially looking for the value.

thank you very much for your help.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Looking for a value,is almost impossible. until it reach's & auction. or has a professional appraisal. for insurance purposes I would suggest $15,000.00 Dollars.

railman44

• View Profile
Caffyn is a listed artist.  Check out <AskArt.com>.  They have 26 sales of his on their records.  If they have a monthly membership, it might be worth joining for a month and seeing what his works brought.  I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Could you post a better picture of the entire painting?

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Welcome to the forum , joensue .

I found 259 records of paintings by caffyn , sales figs. dating from 1971 through the present .

You may also see these search results yourself (for free) at artinfo.com .... you will have to register , however , to check out the database (easy & no big deal) .

The prices pretty much ranged from $488 to $27,686 (although I didn't go through ALL the paintings) .

Happy hunting !!

joensue

• View Profile
Thank you all very much - I did go through the paintings for him listed on artinfo.com and was unable to locate this painting.