Author Topic: Libry-Dine Table table of 101 uses  (Read 13749 times)

us335682

• View Profile
Re: Libry-Dine Table table of 101 uses
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »
Thank you regularjoe.  I will continue to grasp at threads. LOL  I have a friend who is transferring to St. Paul and am enlisting her in my mission also.  I really appreicate that you are still looking too.  I have gotten addicted to this forum and all of the neat things that are posted so I will check back often.  Thanks a million!!

us335682

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 09:05:56 pm »
Still dead ends for me, any luck?  I still love my table and continue to search CL and eBay just to see what all is out there.  EBay prices seem really to me, what is the going price on a typical mission style table these days?  Granted Stickley is going to be way up there LOL!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »
You can find out a bit by reading the full article in this link , us335682 :

www.archive.org/stream/moderntypeofapar00cashrich/moderntypeofapar00cashrich_djvu.txt

margiejo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 06:44:00 pm »
WOW!!  I'm soo excited!!  You guys are AMAZING!!   ;D
I bought a Libry-Dine table almost 20 years ago.  I've never been able to find any info on it.  I finally gave up, but always still wondered.  For some reason today, I decided to Goggle it again.  And I found you all AND my answer!  Thank you SO much!!
us335682, I'd love to see a pic of your table.  The e-Bay listing has been removed.
My table has had a hard life!  I found it in a garage at a yard sale.  It wasn't for sale so I asked the old man about it.  He said it was his mother's and it has been in his garage for many years.  He was using it for a paint mixing table.  It had been painted white and was piled high with cans of paint.  The entire top of the table was a mix of many different colors.  I brought it home and stripped all the paint off the top.  I left the rest of the table as-is until I found out more about it. I paid ten dollars for the table and have been using it ever since in my kitchen, sometimes in the Library position sometimes in the Dine position(now that I know what that means!).  I'm glad you love your table as my as I love mine!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum , margiejo .

Thanks for lettin' us know that there's another one of these items in use !

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 09:47:43 pm »
That's cool to know the forum helped you out! Thanks for letting us know!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

margiejo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 11:23:57 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome!   :)
I'm even more intrigued now.  My table doesn't look anything like the table pictured in the "Libry-Dine" ad that was at the archive.org link. (I'm on dial-up, took forever for pics!)  My table is more Mission style, with straight legs. 
Here's pics of the table and a bad pic of the label.

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 11:36:45 pm »
Thanks for posting the L-D label image .

First one I've seen .

Now we got sumpthin' more to remember !

famhistresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 01:57:49 pm »
My grandmother recently passed and I have inherited her Libry-Dine table that she and my grandpa received as a wedding gift. As you can imagine, it is quite a treasured piece in our family. I've been researching a bit and your forum has been quite interesting. I've never seen a table quite like this. Interestingly enough,  the jackpot ofinfo I've found so far is a description of one for sale on Craigslist: MADE IN MINNESOTA by Twin City Mission Furniture Company of St. Paul, MN (in 1920 the company changed the name to Zimmer Furniture Company).

VERY UNIQUE piece of antique furniture, circa 1918, called "Libry-Dine Table - The Table of 101 Uses".

The LIBRARY TABLE with 1 center drawer EXPANDS into a DINING TABLE (seats 4-6). By pulling a small lever (hidden under the drawer) the top of the table is raised and the two leaves pull out, the top is then lowered and the lever is returned out of sight under the drawer.

Very sturdy piece of furniture made of solid oak.

Table has been in the same smoke-free family since originally purchased around 1918.

With its original finish, the table is in used, good condition with some scratches, dings and watermarks.

DIMENSIONS
Library Table (Desk) 45" L x 26" W x 30" H
Dining Table 45" L x 45" W x 30" H
I
I will continue to post as j find more info, and u jope you all will do the same. I hope to learn more abput this table that holds such signifucance in our family.

On another note, ive found 2 styles. It looks to me like the first style is more mission or craftsman with straight lines and bulkier design, and that yhis is the pre 1920 design. The second has a more slender build with curved legs, which would be tge pist-1920 design (which would make sense because ours woyld have been purchased and gifted into the family shortly before my grandfather was deployed in WWII).

famhistresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 02:07:20 pm »
And a photo of the label...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 03:09:37 pm »
Famhistresearch, WELCOME and thank you for updating this thread with more information!  That is great!

We all like to learn more and see more about items that have been asked about on the forum!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 03:30:07 pm »
Indeed we do !! In all my years working with 19th & 20th century furniture this is the first one of these I have seen !!  Of course its a long way from Texas to Minnesota !!  Could be why !!  And yes,, welcome to the group !!

famhistresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 03:36:27 pm »
Ah, well then here's another interesting piece of the puzzle. My grandma lived in NM. It is now with me in NC. So, perhaps it was sold in the TX/NM area too??

laceysoft

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2021, 12:47:10 pm »
The Company was the Zimmer Furniture  in St Paul MN I just purschased one of these libry-dine with 101 uses and the company label is in the drawer.