Author Topic: New Help With A Porcelain Mark  (Read 3493 times)

Victorian Gardens

• View Profile
New Help With A Porcelain Mark
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »
Hello.  Yesterday I bought a victorian ruffled hand painted bowl for which I am trying to uncover who the manufacturer was for the mark.  Does anyone know whose mark has two arrows pointing downward and crossed?  The only other marking is the number 6942 under the arrows and "d'art" near the hand painting on the front.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I went through the porcelain marks on the web and could not find it.  It seems like I have seen it in the past on another item.  Thanks

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: New Help With A Porcelain Mark
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:07:58 pm »
Posting an image of the mark in question would be most helpful (for the members & guests to see) ...

Welcome to the forum , Victorian Gardens .

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:57:28 pm »
Hi V.G., A photo would be very helpful. I don't know of a crossed arrow mark but Meissen pottery is marked with blue crossed swords that might be mistaken for arrows.

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:38:38 am »
V.G., Did some research and found crossed arrow marks from a company called Arnart Creations. 1953-2001. Changed name to Arnart Imports at that time and still in business. Found this on a site called Porcelainmarksandmo re.com.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 11:05:28 am »
For those who do not know. Porcelainmarksandmo re. Belongs to our Friend & German trade mark advisor. Chris Marshall.

syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 12:38:58 pm »
Wow. No wonder he knows so much. Found another maker that used crossed arrows. A German maker named Kalk. 1900-1973.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 01:52:09 pm »
Have learned from years of doing this....needs photos posted!

There are too possibilities  that match descriptions and wrong information may be given out!  We aim to try and get the right info for those inquiring and maintain the integrity of the site!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!