Author Topic: Old Sears Catalogs Archived  (Read 2256 times)

bootjack

• View Profile
Old Sears Catalogs Archived
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:01:17 am »
Hi all, I thought I'd start a new thread to provide some general information I uncovered that may be of interest to some.  I thought possibly old Sears and Wards catalogs would possibly help me identify the manufacturer of my Hoosier. In this vain I uncovered the following link that lists all the libraries nationwide that have old Sears catalogs archived on microfiche:

http://www.searsarchives.com/catalogs/questions/findcatalogs.htm

Thanks to KC, Cogar and Sapphire for your help. w

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Old Sears Catalogs Archived
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:04:44 am »
Thank's for the link.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:04 am »
Bootjack, thanks for the link.  Never know when this will come in handy......I imagine it will be a mighty great resource for many!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 12:05:49 pm »
Great resource! I'm hopeful that someday these will be digitally scanned and available through Google books. Can you imagine how coolthat would be to have the online and searchable? One note about the earlier Sears catalogs- back in the 1880's these featured jewelry and watches. It wasn't until later that the product lines were expanded to include other items. I'll look up when that happened and post it.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:10:33 pm »
You can buy' the repro's. from time to time. and I Do. but be advised if you read carefully. pages have been deleted. Because Who ever felt's some pages were not nessasary.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 01:24:35 pm »
1894 is when Sears expanded the product line. Another interesting side note. Those old Sears catalogs were a popular choice in outhouses. Not only did they make for interesting reading but when you were done you simply tore a page out of the catalog to use as TP. I'm guessing it was preferable to a corn cob!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 02:17:03 pm »
Can you remember  ;D The large spiders, that seem to congregate on the wall's of the out House. I'am not sure The spiders were as large, as I remember. but regardless they would get your attention.